Missing teeth can take away from the smile that's really you and have many negative effects on your oral health. Dental implants are the gold standard in the replacement of missing teeth. Led by dentists, Dr. William Lee, Dr. Pada Chalothorn, and Dr. William Cartee, Jr., TLC Dentistry, located in Lexington, KY, offers state-of-the-art dental implants to the patients they serve. Here are the top 6 benefits of dental implants.
1. Beautify Your Smile- Missing teeth can ruin an otherwise perfect smile. Dental implants will help you leave behind the discomfort and embarrassment of missing teeth. Dental implants can close the gaps in your smile and make you look years younger. Dental implants look and feel like real teeth, and crowns can be made from all-ceramic materials.
2. Enjoy Great Food- Our teeth help us cut, break down, and chew food for proper digestion. The absence of just one tooth can affect your ability to chew food. Dental implants will improve your ability to chew food. With dental implants, you will be able to eat all the foods you enjoy. With dental implants, you'll be able to eat whatever you want, whenever you want.
3. Stop Jawbone Loss- Jawbone loss is a common consequence of tooth loss. The healthy bone is preserved through the pressure and stimulus of chewing. Implants can keep your jawbone strong and healthy. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option that stop bone loss and stimulate bone growth.
4. Prevent Facial Collapse- Dental implants can prevent facial collapse. Over time, many denture wearers develop a sunken-in look as their jawbone shrinks. Without dental implants to stimulate the bone, the bone begins to break down. This can make denture wearers take on an aged appearance.
5. Prevent Teeth Shifting- When a tooth is missing for a prolonged time, the adjacent teeth may shift and change the bite. Dental implants can prevent your natural teeth from shifting out of place. Misaligned or crooked teeth could cost you a significant amount of money down the road in orthodontic treatment.
6. Improved Speech- Our teeth also play an important role in speech. The absence of one or more teeth can cause speech problems. Mumbled or slurred speech are big problems for people with missing teeth. Dental implants can improve your clarity of speech. With dental implants, you will feel more confident when speaking with others.
Have a smile that radiates beauty. Enjoy good food again. Boost your self-confidence and self-esteem. Improve your quality of life. Dental implants will do you a world of good. Don't wait. Call TLC Dentistry at (859) 223-8987 today to schedule a consultation in Lexington, KY. We want you to live an extraordinary life!